Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Things Will Never Be


t's sad that I just sit and think of you when I'm alone,
I don't want to be that guy that tries to call you on the phone,
or the one that makes the push to feed the restless rejection,
But I cant keep you out my mind with the thought that you may be the one,

I don't think I've ever found a better match; and I doubt I ever will,
It's a shame our ages get between the thoughts of our loves thrill,
and it's sad that you are so much older, makes the thought just so much colder,
the thought- I wish that I could hold 'er, if only time would just stand still,

But it will never be, the possibility- of you and me,
it brings me to my knees, and makes my heart everlastingly deceased,
It kills that everlasting smile I get when your gaze puts my heart on trial,
and burns me oh so deep to the point your haunting me in-my-dreams-while-i-sleep,

And I try to push it all away and try to stay alone,
and unplug the cord that runs on the floor and attaches to my phone,
I simply face the fact that we can not and will never ever be,
But facing facts like that retract and take the soul from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FLAG

free counters